Pages

Sunday 15 August 2010

Spoiled on a Sunday

A very lazy, day today. And to top it all off, my lovely boyfriend cooked up a fantastic Massaman Curry this evening, and I didn't have to lift a finger! I could smell those gorgeous flavours wafting under the kitchen door, and the curry did not disappoint. Although I didn't cook this curry myself, it was so delicious I just have to share it with you!

Chicken Massaman Curry

1-2tbsp Massaman curry paste (I get this from any good asian food store, but I think most supermarkets stock it as well)
1 400g Tin coconut milk
150g Small new potatoes, halved or quartered if large
1 Cinnamon stick
2 Cardamon pods, squashed
2 Chicken breasts, chopped
1tsp Brown sugar
2 Limes, 1 juiced and 1 quartered to serve
1tbsp Fish sauce
1tbsp Peanuts, toasted and chopped (optional)
Sliced red chilli, to serve
Coriander, to serve

  • Cook the massaman paste in the coconut milk for a few minutes until it becomes fragrant. Simmer for a minute.
  • Add the potatoes, cinnamon, cardamon, and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
  • Add the chicken, sugar, lime and fish sauce and cook for 5 - 7 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
  • Serve the curry sprinkled with peanuts (if using), chilli and coriander.
Joe's Massaman Curry


What a way to finish off a lovely, relaxed weekend. I feel refreshed, body and soul and look forward to the week ahead. Fingers crossed we get a little more sunshine!

I hope you have all had great weekends and that the week approaching is filled with friends, fun, and fantastic food.

1 comment:

  1. first...this looks beyond yummy! i must try out this recipe!

    + secondly, thanks for the awesome comment.i'm glad you enjoyed reading through my blog and was able to get a laugh out of it...i look forward to reading yours as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails