Pages

Saturday 14 August 2010

Not Quite According to Plan

So my Saturday didn't go quite how I thought it might.....
Alarm set early this morning (well early for a weekend!), about 7am, and I woke with a groan and hit the snooze, only to realise that the reason I had been woken so early, was to get to the gym for an hour of Spin class, followed by an hour of Body Pump. My body literally ached at the thought, and somehow, I felt more exhausted then, than I had on Friday night getting into bed! After moaning to Joe for 15 minutes about how tired I was and how little I wanted to get up, he suggested I miss my first class (Spin) and we could head into town together a little later on and I could go to Pump instead. Seeing this as a pretty fair compromise, I rolled out of bed, and opened the curtains, only to discover the blackest of clouds, and torrential rain. Nothing like putting off an already un-motivated, tired, slightly grumpy female, who happened to be in desperate need of a cup of tea. Needless to say, I stayed in my pijamas until nearly midday.

Feeling like I had let myself down a little, and as Joe was bracing the stormy weather for a football game, I donned my running shorts and comfy tee and gave myself an hour to have some sweaty fun on the Wii Fit. While I realise that an hour on a 'fitness' gaming console is hardley strenuous, it sure made me feel better about missing the gym. I like to think that doing a little amount of exercise is better than doing none at all, and I have to admit, the boxing workout sure did make me sweat!

Had a fantastic pizza experience this evening! Although again, not quite according to plan.
I made the pizza dough this afternoon and kneaded it like never before! (Perhaps I still felt a little guilty about skipping my classes....!) I used another of Annabel Langbeins recipes for the dough, as I trust her completely, I truly have never made a bad meal from one of her cook books. We decided to go for vegetarian pizza toppings this time, as we are trying to cut back on the amount of meat we are eating, and chose the following ingredients for our 2 pizzas...

Super Cheesy
  • Cheddar, Castello Blue, Mozzarella
Pure Vege
  • Spinach, Mushroom, Peppers, Cherry Tomato, Red Onion, Chillies, Cheese

They were delicious! The only slight problem.....when our super cheesy pizza leaked from the top of the pizza, all over the bottom of the oven. Smoke billowed, fire alarms went off, cheese ran everywhere. Moral of the story, there was a little too much cheese on that pizza. Delicious yes, very cheesy also yes.

I am now full to bursting, and most definitely looking forward to left over pizza for lunch tomorrow. Im hoping that tomorrow the weather will be a little more settled and I can get out and about for a walk or a bike ride.

Time for Shrek 3 in bed, then it's lights out.

Sweet dreams world. x

2 comments:

  1. Hubby and I were thinking of getting the Wii Fit. Is it worth it? What's it like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We bought it for my bf's mother for her birthday and to be honest...it doesn't get used that much. I found it one of those things that is fun for the first couple of weeks and then the novelty wears off a little. I love it to use every now and then, and Im going to try to make myself use it more often.
    The activities are pretty cool! I did a lot of Wii Boxing and my arms and back really ached on Sunday so it definitely works! I love that it keeps track of your work outs, and how you are going towards your weight target, that motivates me quite a lot =)
    Its great for when you dont feel like leaving the house but want some exercise, but it really isn't as good as getting out for a run or getting the gym, I dont think.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails