Pages

Monday 13 September 2010

"...well it's hard to be happy, in a world thats so cruel...


...where the weak just get weaker
where the powerful feud
where the children go hungry
while the soldiers stand by
lay down your weapons 
take hold of your lives
and when will we learn
that its hate that breads hate
only love is the cure
dont leave it to late
get up, and feel it
the truth that wont wait
if we choose to do nothing
then we take all the blame..."

Lyrics that make my body shiver and send goosebumps up and down my arms.

Fat Freddy's Drop are a 7 piece New Zealand band that are a mixture of funk/soul/house/jazz/ska/reggae whose music makes you get up and dance (even if your not a dancer - just ask the BF!).

I am lucky enough to have seen these guys jam twice already this year, the most recent time on Saturday night at the O2 Academy in Bristol, and even with my high expectations and excitement overload, they did not disappoint. They had the entire crowd (the gig was sold out, as usual) dancing and singing their lyrics back to them, and the band looked like they were loving it!

I can't get enough of these guys and urge anyone who hasn't heard of them, to look them up and have a listen, they really are amazing!


As you can probably tell, I had a pretty good Saturday night, and honestly, the rest of my weekend was pretty good too! I managed to get out for 2 runs (still following From Couch to 5k, and loving it!), went out for lunch and to watch a football game with the BF, played a big family game of Trivial Pursuit (my team won!), and had a very productive cleaning day on Sunday. By Sunday evening, I was totally relaxed and looking forward to the week ahead (although my body/brain had other ideas about getting up at 7am this morning...).

A family game of Trivial Pursuit was a great way to spend a Friday night in, and I do love a good board game. Trivial Pursuit is normally my least favourite, unless teamed up with the BF (who seems to be able to hold a HUGE amount of general knowledge, the more random the fact the better), so luckily I was paired with him and I only had to contribute to a few answers! There's just something really daunting about answering general knowledge questions, maybe because I feel my general knowledge isn't all that sharp, and its pretty embarrassing when you don't know the answer to a pretty easy sounding geography question. However we did have a lot of fun, and I managed to get a few questions right, winning was definitely thanks to the BF but I was happy to be included in the victory. 

Fingers crossed it's Scrabble next weekend!

Do you like to play board games? Do you have a favourite? 

I am always on the lookout for new games to play, especially as Winter is on its way which will mean more cosy nights in with the family, board games, hot chocolates and mulled wine. I'm actually pretty excited by the prospect!

Hope you all had great weekends, and are having exciting fun filled weeks!

Love HanneeNz
x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails