Pages

Tuesday 14 September 2010

Lunch Love

1. Sushi
2. Carrot Sticks w Tzatziki

3. Lemon & Poppyseed Muffin

This afternoon I feel content. A tummy filled to the brim with delicious treats - always guaranteed to make me a happy girl.

1. Sushi is easily one of my all time favourite foods, and one of the only problems with this beautiful British town that I am currently living in, is the total lack of Japanese restaurants and sushi bars. There is one restaurant that I know of that serves sushi and I am not exagerating. This makes me a little sad as I would happily eat sushi every single day. To solve this problem, I tried to make it myself. FAIL. I have no idea what I did wrong, but it really was terrible. The rice was too starchy making it soggy, the fillings had little flavour, it was far too cold and I only managed to eat half of it before giving up (very unlike me!). So every now and then, when my cravings get too strong and I just have to have a piece of sushi, I buy a little box from the supermarket down the road. Today was one of those days, and despite not being made fresh infront of me, I was totally satisfied. 
Also, my adorable Grandmama calls it Shhhushi. Everytime. Without fail. And it makes me laugh hysterically, and my heart becomes so full, I worry that it might burst due to all the love inside that I have for her. So today I ate my sushi, thinking about my Grandmama which made me happy.

2. Vegetables and dip, particularly hummus or tzatziki, feels like such a healthy lunch time snack AND tastes delicious! I had forgotton about this little lunch time treat, and now am pretty excited about the prospect of having it more often. Today I had little match-stick carrots with tzatziki and it was light, delicious and filled me up nicely.

3. My lemon & poppyseed muffin was a bit of an indulgence today, I try not to eat too many cakes and treats but I just couldn't resist! Yum yum, a perfect finish to a perfect lunch.

Do you bring packed lunches to work or do you buy them on the day? 
Do you have the same thing every day or change it up?

I would love to know your lunchtime habits (especially the ones where you treat yourselves!) so feel free to drop me a line.

Oh and if anyone has any great sushi making tips, I would love to hear them! x

2 comments:

  1. I wish we had more sushi places over here too - London was the best place I've lived for it. I could eat it all day everyday too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just happened to stop by for a sec and oh yum!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails