Pages

Thursday 31 March 2011

A Funny Kinda Holiday

As I am sure many of you already know, since getting back from my AMAZING holiday in New Zealand last April, Joe and I have been living at his parents house in England. 
Honestly, it has been pretty amazing. 
They have been so kind and generous and it has meant being able to save a whole lot of money (ready for our big move). It's been heaps of fun too! Family is really important to me so being able to get to know Joe's family so well has been pretty cool. We have a lot of big family meals, with wine and music and occasional board game sessions! (I am such a Scrabble geek...)
One thing I will say though, is that the house if full to the brim with people. There's Mum, Dad, Joe, Big Sister, Little Brother (although he has moved out now) and Me. Pretty full huh?
SO, the fact that Joe's parents are going away for 2 weeks, feels kind of like a strange holiday.
I definitely don't mean that in a nasty way! It's just that Joe and I have been living together for over 2 years now and for 18 months of that time it has either been with his family or my family, so getting 2 weeks to ourselves is pretty rare.

I plan on having:
- a lot of cute loved up dinners for two, maybe with candles, definitely with wine
- lazy breakfasts in bed, I'm very keen for pancakes and eggs benedict!
- duvet days watching movies on the sofa together
- dinner parties with friends
-a few girly evenings with bubble baths and face masks


Sounds like a pretty good stay at home (still going to work) holiday to me!

Have you ever lived with someone else's family? Do you still live with your family? How do you enjoy time to yourself?

From me, with love. x



2 comments:

  1. That sounds absolutely lovely! You guys will have the best two weeks :)

    I am so glad you mentioned eggs benedict, it's the best food ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still live in my family home but I have grand plans of moving out in the next two years. There is NOTHING better than waking up on a day off with no-one else home. I put on a CD and enjoy the time alone doing whatever I want ^_^ Such a child, ha.

    P.s I've never tried Eggs Benedict.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails