Pages

Tuesday 29 March 2011

It's Been A While...

Hi lovelies!
I can't believe it has been over 2 months since my last post. That's kind of embarrassing!
No time like the present to get back into it though right?
When I think about 2 months, it feels like a really long time, but in reality, these last 2 months have absolutely flown by. And its kind of scary, do you know why? Because in 2 months time, I will be jumping on a plane and heading across the world, Joe by my side, and settling into a new life and routine back home in New Zealand. I really can't believe how quickly this has come around. When I first started blogging, it was August of last year and it felt like forever until we would be moving. We were still filling in paperwork for Joe's residence permit, and hadn't even looked at flights. Now here we are, 8 months later, finalising details, sorting out accomodation, applying for university courses, and planning leaving parties for friends and family.

Overwhelming? YOU BET! 
Excited? More than you could begin to imagine. 
Terrifying? Yeah, a little.

The hard thing is, the last 8 months have been the best months I have spent in the UK. Crazy I know. I have finally found a wonderful group of girl-friends, I am loving playing netball again, my job is pretty good, I have a lovely boyfriend and I just feel on top of the world. So part of me keeps thinking,

"What am I doing? Why would I take myself out of this situation? I'm having so much fun!"

I just have to remember that while these friends are wonderful, there will be more amazing people to meet on my next adventure, and just because I am leaving England, doesn't mean I am leaving these people forever. 
It may have taken me 4 years to take myself out of my comfort zone (lounging about at home is a pretty safe hideout you know!) but now that I know I can do it, hopefully next time round it wont take me quite as long. 

Some of the Hoopers!


And honestly, this is going to be one crazy, exciting, adventure! Not only are there new people to meet but new restaurants to try, bands to discover, cafes to lounge in, parks to visit, museums to explore, bookshops to browse...seriously, I can't freaking wait!

BRING IT ON NEW ZEALAND





From me, with love. x



2 comments:

  1. very exciting and how lovely to get away from here!! have tons of fun and be safe, and hey it's okay to miss a month or two of posts- we all have that time where we are super busy and mean to get on here to fill everyone in, but can't get to it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails